Are you seeking to know how to clean up duplicate Emails in Outlook? Then, today in this article, we are going to discuss the same. With two methods which are a manual method and an automated solution to remove all the duplicate emails from Outlook easily.
Emails are very important in any of the large or small organizations for communication. Microsoft Outlook is the most popular desktop-based email client application that offers a simple user interface, good security, and much more advanced features.
Therefore, the duplicate email makes managing email messages very difficult for Outlook users. This can lead to many issues. For example, slowing down the speed and performance of Outlook, storage space issues, hanging problems, and so on. Increasing the size of the Outlook mailbox can affect users’ workflow. So, in the next section, we will talk about the reason for duplicate Outlook emails.
Reasons to Remove All Duplicate Emails From Outlook
There are several reasons behind the duplicate items in Outlook applications. Some of the common reasons are listed in the below section:-
- If the rules are configured incorrectly, confusion will occur when you are receiving email messages. This can lead to a duplication of emails in Outlook.
- Therefore, you may set up your mailbox incorrectly when you created an account in Outlook. As a result, you may receive the same email message over and over again.
- The Anti-virus software can also create duplicate emails.
All the reasons for duplicated items affect the productivity of Outlook. To overcome all the troubles it is necessary to clean up duplicate Outlook emails.
How to Merge and Remove Duplicate Emails in Outlook Manually?
There are multiple manual methods to remove or delete duplicate Outlook emails. Follow the step-by-step guide to performing the task:-
Step 1: Check Account Setting
- Firstly, go to File >> Info >> Account Settings.
- Now, the Account Setting window will open. Click the Email tab and search the name of the account you configured for Outlook. If the same account appears multiple times, remove it. For this, select the emails account and click to remove
- Then, removing the duplicate account, click Close.
Step 2: Delete Duplicate Outlook Emails Using Import/Export Option
- Click on File menu >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Now, choose import from another program or file
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next
- Browse to the .pst file and check the “Do not import duplicates” option
- After that, select the required folder to import and check the “Include subfolders” option. And, check the
- “Import items into the same folder” option and click on the Finish button.
Step 3: Clean Up Tool to Remove Duplicate Outlook Emails
- Click on the Clean Up tool.
- From the three options, choose Clean Up Folders & Subfolders option
- The Clean Up Folder will open, which will ask you whether to proceed with the cleanup or cancel? Click on the Clean Up Folder option
- Now, click on the Setting option to manually enter the location of the deleted items folder
- Clicking Settings, Outlook options windows will open. Click on the Browse to add the PST file
- Then, select the Folder pop-up. Here choose Deleted Items and click OK
- Finally, click on the Clean Up Folder option to delete duplicate Outlook emails.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
All three of the above manual tricks are helpful if you only have a small PST file that contains a hundred emails. If you are having multiple emails in Outlook, then the below limitations may occur.
- To Extract the number of duplicates in the Outlook mailbox could not be determined.
- Now, Clean Up software generates the error message “No messages were cleaned up. Only messages that satisfy your clean-up setting will be moved to the trash folder.”
Clean Up Duplicate Emails in Outlook Using Automated Solution
If you want to overcome all these limitations of the manual method, you need to Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Software quickly merge without duplicates. This software is a reliable solution to merge multiple PST files into one. Through this tool, users can easily delete duplicate emails in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 201, and 2019, and also remove duplicates from contacts, notes, calendars, tasks, etc.
However, this software maintains the metadata properties and folder structure even after merging the process. You can easily and quickly add multiple PST files to Outlook at once without any fear of data loss or corruption.
Working Process to Remove Duplicate Outlook Emails
Follow the below step-by-step process to clean Up duplicate emails in Outlook using automated software. Let us start the process:-
- Firstly, select PST data files.
- Now, click on the Merge option and Press Next
- Select Folders and choose the merge in an Existing PST, Outlook Profile, New PST
- After that, select the items which you want to merge like Mail
- Select the Email Fields like Subject, To, From, Cc, Bcc, Attachments, Mail Body, etc
- Finally, hit the Next button.
So, this is we have completed the issues of Clean Up duplicate emails in Outlook without facing any hassle. We suggest you use this tool to fulfill your needs.
In this blog, we have discussed how to Clean Up duplicate emails in Outlook? Here are two methods to complete the task without facing any trouble. The manual method is a free way to finish the task, but it has its limitations and users need to have the technical skills to perform manually.
But, don’t need to worry today, we all suggest automated software to do your task in an easy & quick manner. There is no need to have the technical knowledge to perform the task. Therefore, both the technical & non-technical users can easily do their process the same without facing an error. Now, the choice is yours which one is better for your issues.