A recent issue that many of our users reported involved Outlook Calendar Appointments are Missing at random and not be found in the archive folder. Microsoft Outlook is the preferred application of corporate enterprises. Outlook is quite helpful for managing appointments in Calendar for a variety of uses in addition to managing emails. But if the user faces an appointment missing issue, then it can be an intolerable issue. Therefore, we have written this guide to help them.
Top Reasons For Outlook Calendar Not Showing Appointments Issue
The reasons behind your Outlook Calendar Not Showing meetings are –
- The Outlook account often syncs with both the desktop and mobile versions. Therefore, if a user accidentally deleted an appointment on a mobile device, it will also show up on a desktop computer.
- Outlook moves the older data continuously to maintain a manageable data file size. The appointments will also be moved if they are older.
- maybe the user deleted appointments unintentionally.
- If you have auto-archive enabled, the items will be moved to the archive folder after the specified number of days.
- The data in Outlook can be modified by third-party apps.
Fixes For Outlook Calendar Appointments are Missing Issue
Depending on the error’s symptoms, you can utilize a variety of approaches to resolving issues with Outlook calendar not showing appointments.
Approach 1: Disable caching in Outlook
If you disable caching for the shared folder, Outlook will make an effort to find any missed appointments.
- Click File in Outlook, then select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select your account, then press the Change button.
- Please select More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, select the “Download Shared Folder” checkbox.
- Save the options after unchecking Download Shared Folder.
Approach 2: Examine the retention guidelines
Each mailbox item has a retention policy imposed on it. The calendar entries also fall under this. You should review the retention schedule that the Administrator assigned. You can restore the calendar by going to the folder for Recoverable Items if the Default Policy tag is set to “Delete and allow recovery.”
Approach 3: Remove outdated Outlook calendar entries
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application.
- The calendar icon is located on the bottom left.
- Select View > Switch to List:
- Select the Start column in this view to sort the Calendar events and meetings from oldest to newest:
- Click the last item in the list to delete it after selecting the first item in the list that needs to be erased and holding down the Shift key on your keyboard. With this, every item on the list will be selected. Alternately, you can select each item one at a time by holding down the Ctrl key. Make sure you are not erasing anything that is repeated.
- Utilizing the Delete key on your keyboard. Alternative: Select “Delete” from the context menu when you right-click:
Approach 4: Verify the antivirus software
When you use an antivirus program, it also examines the contents of Outlook. You should examine your calendar if you start missing appointments because an antivirus program can flag any questionable entries and remove them.
Approach5: Save previous Outlook calendar entries
- Open the Microsoft Outlook client, and then click the File tab in the top-left corner.
- Select Tools > Remove Old Items:
- Choose Calendar, enter the proper Archive items older than date, and choose where to store the Archive files.
- Press “OK”
In this blog, we spoke about the Outlook Calendar Appointments are Missing issue. Also, we briefly addressed the reasons why this could occur to any user and how to repair it by making simple adjustments to Outlook’s settings.
Also Check:- How to Clean Up Duplicate Emails in Outlook?